En Garde - Game of Fencing is a card based training tool for fencers of all skill levels. There are editions for all three modern fencing weapons. Each edition includes 52 game cards to elevate your fencing skills plus 1 instruction card.
How you play:
• find an opponent
• find a piste (or a suitable space)
• agree to fence a match to 15 points
• fence the first point as normal
• draw a card and see what happens!
• after each touch scored, draw another card
• continue until you have a winner!
You can have a referee or friend handle the deck and reveal the content of the next card after each point is scored, or just simply place the deck off to the side of the piste and draw cards yourselves. If you encounter a card with a technique which is beyond your current skill level put it in the discard pile and draw another card.
Feel free to use this as just a starting point! Be creative in your use of the game if you wish. Customize as you see necessary and feel free to share your ideas with us for future updates.